COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
- New clinic hours are Monday-Friday 10 am - 7 pm, Saturday 9 am - 5 pm and Sunday 10 am - 4 pm.
- Start times will be staggered to ensure that social distancing is being practiced as much as possible within the clinic.
- Please arrive alone. Support persons for any of our patients will be asked to wait outside the clinic for the duration of the appointment. Should a support person need to remain inside the clinic, they are welcome to be seated in the waiting area, however; they are required to wear a mask at all times and are also required to wash their hands upon entering the clinic.
- Intake Forms and Consents must be completed prior to arriving for your appointment.
- We will still be offering some Telemedicine Services. Patients are encouraged to call the clinic for an appointment.
DOING OUR PART
- Our team will be doing a Self Assessment Survey before every shift - if feeling unwell staff and practitioners are required to stay home.
- All practitioners will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with both their regulatory bodies and clinic guidelines.
- Practitioners will continue to use exceptional hand hygiene by washing their hands, upon entering the clinic (including after washroom use), pre-treatment, post-treatment, after handling personal or patient belongings.
- Practitioners will be using the 15 minutes between treatments to clean and disinfect treatment areas before their next appointment. These include, but are not limited to, treatment tables, chairs/desk surfaces, door handles, light switches, thermostats, and treatment supplies.
- Support staff will be sanitizing common areas multiple times per day, including, but not limited to, front desk, sink area, door handles, light switches, washroom keys etc.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home.
- Within 24 hours of your appointment, complete the BC Self Assessment Survey. Call 8-1-1 should you be prompted to do so and call the clinic to cancel should you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early for your appointment to decrease multiple patients in the waiting area.
- Please complete your intake form/consents before arriving for your appointment.
- We ask that you please bring a mask to wear in the clinic. This is important, especially if you are sneezing or coughing - even if it is just allergies. We have a limited amount in the clinic and have ordered more - but they are difficult to come by at this time and appreciate our patients' help in bringing their own.
- Additionally, we are hoping to have a variety of re-usable masks for sale in the clinic - but again, quantities vary.
- Please wash your hands upon entering the clinic (including after washroom use). You will be given hand sanitizer after your treatment.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue and wash your hands immediately afterward.
- Add your Credit Card to your Jane App profile for Contactless Payment - all information is encrypted and 100% secure.
- We now offer Contactless Payments for services and products. Patients are prompted to put in a credit card in order to book online.
- All credit card information is encrypted once entered and 100% secure.
- Accepted methods of payment are Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, or MasterCard Debit.
- Receipts will be emailed to patients.
_________________________________________________________________________________PLEASE NOTE: patients who cancel their appointment due to experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will be unable to book another appointment until at least 15 days have passed from when symptoms were present.