FAMILY MEDICINE + MENTAL HEALTH
Many individuals have extremely limited access to both family medicine and mental health services, and for the few individuals who do have coverage for counselling, chances are, they require longer term access than that which is covered by their insurance provider. Health Care Basics is a subscription based plan that aims to provide accessible healthcare services to residents of Victoria, BC and surrounding communities.
The next intake will take place in the spring of 2022. We are currently accepting applications. Join the Waitlist to ensure that a place in the queue is reserved just for you. Please note, no membership fees will be processed until attachment to a Family Physician has been established and patients confirm their subscription with payment information. Members of the waitlist will be contacted via email once we have moved to the next step of attaching patients.
Note: Subscription fees for the Health Care Basics plan are strictly reserved for the uninsured components of care. Physician consultations, prescribed lab testing, and other publicly insured health care services will be billed to the Medical Services Plan (MSP) by BETA Therapeutics or by its physicians. Subscription to the Health Care Basics plan is not a precondition to access publicly insured services.
- Access to Registered Clinical Counselling at 50% of the regular rate
- Attachment to a Family Physician at our newly established clinic located in Royal Oak
- Unique profile for each member on the UpPatient medical app allowing you to conveniently manage your health & wellness from anywhere
- Instantly view and manage your health profile
- Request and manage your appointments
- Attend virtual care appointments
- Access healthcare information and documents
- Complete health questionnaires
- Access to informative health & wellness demos at our clinic covering a wide range of topics
Individual | $50/month ($600 billed annually)
Family of 3 | $44.40/member/month ($1600 billed annually)
Family of 4 | $41.60/member/month ($2000 billed annually)
Family of 5 | $40.00/member/month ($2400 billed annually)
Family memberships must meet the following criteria:
- Maximum of 2 adults (19+ years old) per family membership
- Children on the family membership plan must be 18 years old or younger
- All members are part of an immediate family
- All members are residents of BC and reside within the same household
- Individual • an individual of any age
- Family of 3 • 1 or 2 adults plus 1 or 2 children
- Family of 4 • 1 or 2 adults plus 2 or 3 children
- Family of 5 • 1 or 2 adults plus 3 or 4 children
Health Care Basics FAQ
- If there is only one (1) adult registered on your family plan then your 19 year old is now considered one of the maximum two (2) adults allowed on each family plan. Changes to your annual fee will be reflected on the next billing cycle.
- Should there already be two (2) adults registered on your family plan then your 19 year old child can be newly registered on an "Individual" subscription plan for the next billing cycle.